Mental Health Support
Mental health issues can strike anyone at any time for all kinds of reasons. Now more than ever, ensuring that Lake Tahoe Community College students and employees have access to free mental health support is critical. Whether you're struggling with school, your job, family pressures, or even with the news of the day, there IS help available to you that is either entirely free or low cost, completely private, and available when you need it. Explore the options below, and reach out and get the help you need!
- TimelyCare is a free 24/7 mental health and medical support provider for universities and colleges that
gives students easy and quick access to mental and medical healthcare services so
they can thrive at school and in life. All registered LTCC students have access to
TimelyCare services for free!
- Access TimelyCare either by downloading the app (Android or Apple) or by logging into the TimelyCare website (timelycare.com/LTCC)
- Schedule a future appointment with the licensed therapist or medical provider of your choice, or use the TalkNow feature for quick access to emergency help (5 minute or less to connect with a mental health or medical professional!)
TimelyCare offers two services in support of mental and medical health, both free for LTCC students to use:
TalkNow: On demand, connect with help in 5 minutes or less, available 24/7 any day of the year. Unlimited use, can be used to talk with someone right away about stress, anxiety, depression, and difficulties you are facing as a student that require immediate help. Or, get quick advice about a medical issue.
Scheduled Counseling or Medical Care: Make a free appointment with a licensed therapist or medical provider that fits your schedule.
- Yes! If you are an LTCC student who is under the age of 18, you can call TimelyCare's customer support team along with your parent or guardian at (833) 484-6359 to get mental or medical help.
- Nothing! There is no cost, and no hidden fees! No credit card or insurance information needs to be provided for students to make use of TimelyCare's services. TimelyCare hires mental health and medical professionals who work solely with students, from high school age to adult learners. They have specific expertise in assisting with student-related stresses.
Other Student Wellness Resources
- California Community Colleges Health & Wellness: This website, made possible by the California Community Colleges Chancellor’s Office (CCCCO) and the Foundation for California Community Colleges, helps students in identifying, implementing, and sustaining strategies for addressing overall health, mental health, wellness, and basic needs. Learn more about what CCCHW has to offer on their website.
- El Dorado County Mental Health: This page has a list of Mental Health and Crisis services that you can find though El Dorado County on their website.
- NAMI El Dorado County: Nami El Dorado has been serving county residents for over 20 years by providing educational classes for people and community organizations, and advocacy for improved services and supports to anyone concerned about mental illnesses and the treatment of mental illness including co-occurring substance abuse/dependency. Learn more about them on their website.
- Tahoe Youth & Family Services: Since 1971, Tahoe Youth & Family Services has provided low and no-cost mental health and substance abuse counseling services to the community. Learn more about them on their website.
National Mental Health Resources
- Suicide & Crisis Lifeline (formerly the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline): Available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week by calling or texting 9-8-8
- California Hope: Offers support for all people living in California. Provides crisis support for communities impacted by natural disasters as well.
- The Trevor Project: Founded in 1998 by the creators of the Academy Award®-winning short film TREVOR, The Trevor Project is the leading national organization providing crisis intervention and suicide prevention services to LGBTQ people under the age of 25.
If you work for LTCC in any capacity, you now have access to free mental health support through our JPA, Tri-County Schools Insurance Group (TCSIG), and the Employee Assistance Program (EAP). This service is available to all employees and anyone living in their households – children, a spouse, a parent, or a significant other. If they live with you, they can access this free service.
The EAP service can help with issues such as emotional and mental health, alcohol and drug abuse, relationship problems, legal and financial issues, daily stresses, and much more.
Help is available in three ways:
- Call (800) 999-7222 for immediate assistance from a licensed professional 24/7, year-round.
- Use the anthemEAP.com website to research and find a local mental health provider of your choice. Make an appointment directly with them first, then report it via the website.
- For virtual help using a smartphone, download the LiveHealth Online app (Apple and Android).
If you want to research and find a local provider of your choice:
- Visit anthemEAP.com and click the orange “Log in” button.
- Enter “TCSIG” in the Company Name box and click “Login.”
- To find providers, click “Find an EAP Provider in the Member Center” near the bottom left. You’ll need to register first before you can research providers. Be sure to choose “Lake Tahoe Community College District” in the Department/Location box when registering.
- After registering and finding your provider, make an appointment directly with them first before you confirm it with EAP. Available providers may offer telehealth services, or they may provide in-person services, or both.
If you prefer telehealth services via an app on your smartphone:
- Download the LiveHealth Online app (Apple and Android).
- Call EAP at (800) 999-7222 and register with a representative to receive a Coupon Code – you’ll use that within the LiveHealth Online app for no-cost service. You’ll receive an email with complete instructions after you register.
Below are mental health resources and support available to permanent employees of
LTCC through their insurance benefits:
TCSIG Medical Insurance Benefits
- LiveHealth Online gives you the ability to talk with a doctor any time of day, wherever you are. LiveHealth Online lets you have face-to-face conversations with a doctor via your computer or mobile device.
- Healthcare Bluebook is a FREE added healthcare benefit to help TCSIG members shop for care, compare facilities,
save money on healthcare services, and earn rewards.
- Download the Healthcare Bluebook app and use the mobile access code: TCSIG
- Find more information about mental health support on the Employee Benefits webpage