Grads: we hope you and your family and friends can join us in celebrating your accomplishments! No guest tickets are required, and all are welcome. The 2022 Graduation Ceremony will be held outdoors on LTCC's synthetic turf soccer field, located immediately next to the standalone Physical Education Center building on campus. Parking at LTCC is free! Park either in the main lot immediately adjacent to the soccer field, or park in the Community Playfields lot on the other side of the field, accessible via Al Tahoe Boulevard.
This year's keynote speaker is Martoinne Williams, a motivational speaker, coach, and "hope dealer." Martoinne's "A Tribe Called Us" speech at TEDx South Lake Tahoe in 2021 was a big hit, and we hope you find his inspirational story and optimistic presence to be a meaningful addition to your graduation day!
Answers to commonly asked questions about graduation are below. If you need further information, please contact Allan Medrano at email@example.com or at (530) 541-4660 x206.
~ Frequently Asked Questions ~
- June 6-10th with the 9th as a party day with the President and "Graditude" videos
- If you do not respond, you will not be able to receive your cap, gown, and tassel.
- Yes, please have your Student ID available for Grad Pack Pick Up. If you do not have a Student ID, we will ask verifying information.
- No, we will not be requring tickets this year!
- For family members who cannot make it in person, there will be able a livestream of the ceremony they can watch from anywhere!
- Follow @laketahoecommunitycollege & @ltccstudentlife.
- Use #LTCCGrad to be featured in our ceremony's large screens and livestream.
- Yes! There will be a photographer and videographer taking photos and videos throughout
the ceremony. Photos will be posted to this page within a week following the event.
Check social media for videos!
- Graduates must wear their cap & gown to this event. Cap and gown are free of charge!
- Masks are optional.
- Not recommended: high heels.
- Guests may dress per their personal comfort level (business-casual is common). We
suggest comfortable shoes for walking and wedges instead of high heels. The venue
will be taking place on LTCC's soccer field, made of artificial grass. Masks are not
required to be worn; LTCC maintains a mask-friendly environment, and anyone who wishes
to wear one is encouraged to do so.
- Yes, you can watch Lake Tahoe Community College's YouTube channel for the livestream video of the ceremony.
- Commencement programs will be distributed to guests at the venue entrance on Friday, June 24 at approximately 5:30 p.m. prior to the event, free of charge. Programs list the names of graduates receiving Associate in Arts Degrees, early candidates for summer 2021-22 degree conferral, and Certificates of Achievement.
- Time: Guests should plan to be in their seats by 5:30 p.m. (5:45 p.m. at the latest).
- Seats: Seating is first come, first served.
- Mobility-Impaired: Please request special accommodations in advance. Submit accommodations request to the President's Office.
- Strollers: The venue is stroller and wheelchair friendly.
- Pets: No animals (other than service animals) are permitted.
- Restrooms: Restrooms are available onsite, all are wheelchair accessible.
- Last-Minute Goodies: Student clubs will be providing water, flowers and other items for sale with proceeds going to fund student scholarships.
- The ceremony will be held rain or shine, unless in the event of severe weather. Severe weather is defined as rain accompanied by high wind, thunder, and lightning.
- If it is raining on the morning of Commencement, but not declared severe weather, the ceremony will be held as planned at the field.
- If the weather is a concern for you or a member of your party, the ceremony will be live-streamed on ltcc.edu/graduation and YouTube.
- On Friday, all central roads, including those surrounding the venue, will be open and parking is first come first served. Signs and staff personnel will direct vehicles to these and other available parking areas. Parking is free of charge.
- Upon advance request, the President’s Office will provide a Mobility-Impaired Parking Permit for vehicles with a mobility impaired guest. This permit will allow parking at a specific location at the main parking lot depending on your needs. The college does not have wheelchairs available for use.
- Handicapped parking is available at the venue, however, spaces are limited. Special seating arrangements will be included. Note: Mobility-Impaired Parking Permits are not the same as a state-issued "handicap" permit/tag. Mobility impaired guests, whether they own a state "handicap" tag/permit or not, should apply for a Mobility Impaired Parking Permit if they would like special parking and seating accommodations. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
General ceremony program:
- The ceremony will last approximately two hours.
- The procession will begin promptly at 6:00 p.m.
- After the program (including speeches from students, LTCC's president, and a guest speaker), each graduate goes on stage as their name is read.
- Professional photographs are taken as the graduate is congratulated.
- The event ends with a recessional.
- The ceremony will be livestreamed for those who cannot attend.
- We will provide live American Sign Language Interpretation and are working on having live captioning.
- You can make a request for accommodations at graduation here.
- Arrive early (around 5:00 p.m.) to find a parking spot.
- Wear your regalia – cap, gown, etc.
- Fill out your name card.
- Then go to the row of parking nearest the soccer field and last-minute needs taken care of and prepare to line up for the ceremony.
- As the ceremony begins, prepare to walk toward the seating. Follow the directions of staff and marshals.
- You will be directed to the stage. Please hand your name card to Vice President of Instruction Dr. Michelle Risdon.
- You will proceed to the stage, receive your diploma cover and exit the stage back to seating.
- If your name is commonly mispronounced, please submit a Name Coach recording before June 18th! NameCoach is a simple way to record audio name pronunciations that are embedded online to easily learn and remember how to say them.
- Following the Commencement ceremony, guests are encouraged to remain in their seats until all graduates have left the venue. Graduates are greeted and congratulated by LTCC’s faculty, staff, and administrators immediately following the ceremony together as one group for a ‘send off.' Following the processional line, guests are encouraged to meet their graduate outside of the venue for photos.
Submit photos and song requests for the day of graduation by following the links in your Grad Pack emails!
Check your student email for updates pertaining to graduation and for information on how to record your name (for pronunciation purposes). The day of, if your name is commonly mispronounced, please inform the announcer of the correct pronunciation when you hand them your name card.