LTCC Cares Grant
- Students must be currently enrolled in at least 6 units at the Winter census date
- Students must demonstrate emergency financial need
- They either currently qualify as low-income by meeting requirements to receive a fee waiver, OR
- They are projected to receive a fee waiver for the upcoming quarter
- The student either earned a grade point average of at least 2.0 in one of their previous four quarter terms, OR
- Is a disabled student that is receiving additional support or services through the Disability Resource Center
Unfortunately, the U.S. Department of Education does not allow these particular funds to be used for:
- International students
- Non-matriculated students (enrolled in credit courses but are not officially registered in a degree program)
- Students enrolled in distance-only degree programs
Students from these groups may still be eligible for campus-based emergency funds and other types of aid depending on availability of local funds or private grants. We encourage you to apply!
Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security Act (CARES) Emergency Grants for Students are federal funds dispersed to support students who were directly impacted by “the disruption of campus operations due to coronavirus.” The CARES Act was passed by Congress and signed into law on March 27, 2020. One aspect of the act was the creation of the Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund (HEERF). HEERF provides funds to institutions for emergency grants to students whose lives have been disrupted by the COVID-19 pandemic. Visit the HEERF Emergency Grants website for more.
LTCC received approximately $174,463 to support current students with. Funding was distributed in 2020 and in Winter, Spring and Fall quarters 2021. As of June 30 2021, 524 awards were distributed worth $306,000.
In order to be considered for the LTCC CARES Emergency Grants, you MUST submit a FAFSA application (limited exceptions may apply) or the California Dream Act application.
Each student’s eligibility will be reviewed against the federal guidelines provided to institutions. Grants will be awarded based on need, enrollment status, and availability of funds.
Funds will be distributed to eligible students via Bank Mobile.
You will be contacted via your LTCC student email.
Yes, you may receive CARES grant funding more than once. In order to fully support as many students as possible, priority will be given to students who have not received funds before.
LTCC is committed to supporting our students' needs. Please reach out to email@example.com in order to learn more about available resources.
Unfortunately, they are not. However, at LTCC we have identified funds to support our non-U.S. citizen students. ALL students at LTCC are encouraged to use the CARES Grant application for aid; your information will remain private.