Apply for Financial Aid
Here you can find step-by-step instructions on how to complete the FAFSA, the California Dream Act (CADAA), the California Promise Grant (formerly known as the BOG Fee Waiver), and the Lake Tahoe College Promise applications. We highly recommend that all students submit a FAFSA or CADAA application to be considered for all available funds; if you don't, you may miss out on funding that you are eligible to receive. Use these links to go straight to the application you want to complete:
- Federal and State Financial Aid with the FAFSA
- California Dream Act
- California Promise Grant (formerly known as the BOG Fee Waiver)
- Lake Tahoe College Promise
For U.S. Citizen and Permanent Legal Resident (Green Card Holder, Refugee, etc.)
1. FSA ID: Create a User Name and Password
- Log into the Federal Student Aid website
- Click on "Start Here" to create an FSA ID account
- Follow directions. Enter your log-in and personal information and submit FSA ID information
2. Log into the FAFSA
- Lake Tahoe Community College's Federal School Code is 012907
3. Use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool (if taxes were filed)
4. Need help?
- Stop by LTCC's Financial Aid Office, currently located in the Student Center in the Main Building on campus
- You can also call at (530) 541-4660 x636 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you are a DREAMer student, visit our Dream Act webpage for more information and assistance, or call Financial Aid at (530) 541-4660 x636
*You must complete a FAFSA every year
Allow 1-2 weeks for your FAFSA application to be processed and sent to LTCC.
You will receive two emails:
Check Passport to see what documents are required. Follow the steps below:
1. Log into Passport
2. Click on "Financial Aid" under "LTCC Self Service"
3. When viewing documents please make sure you are selecting the current year
4. FAFSA filers can also submit forms, appeals and all supporting documents securely and easily on ltcc.verifymyfafsa.com
- Files are reviewed in order of date received, currently enrolled students are prioritized
- During the file review process, additional documents may be requested
- Check your LTCC student email regularly for notifications
- Files will not be processed until all required documents are submitted
- The entire process may take 4-6 weeks (or longer if corrections are needed)
- Eligible students will be notified by email
- Check Passport for the results of your financial aid award
1. Select LTCC Self Service
2. Choose 'Financial Aid'
3. You may view awards or Offer Letter by year
Visit theBankMobile disbursement webpage to make your refund selection for how your funds will be distributed to you.
- BankMobile will mail a refund selection kit to the mailing address on file with Enrollment Services
- You should also receive an email from BankMobile to your student email account
- Both the refund selection kit and the email will contain a personal code you will use to sign up with BankMobile
- Fill out the California Dream Act Application
- Tax returns and W-2/1099 forms (yours and your parent(s) if you are under 24)
- LTCC School Code: 012907
- Within 3 weeks, you will receive your CA Student Aid Report (SAR). If you submitted your email address, your CA-SAR will come via email. It will list the information that you provided on the California Dream Act Application, as well as an Expected Family Contribution (EFC). LTCC also receives the report electronically, and once we do, we will request additional forms to complete your file. Check your CA-SAR for accuracy. For corrections, return to the California Dream Act website and make the changes immediately. Please allow at least 1-2 weeks for LTCC to receive your corrected information. If no changes are needed, save the form for your records.
- Once you receive the CA-SAR, view your application status to find the additional forms you may need to complete your file. Log in to Passport, then choose Financial Aid under LTCC Self Service. Additional forms are listed on your Checklist.
- If your mailing address changes at any point during your time as an applicant or recipient of Financial Aid, submit a Demographic Change of Info form to Enrollment Services to update your mailing address.
We encourage all of our students who are California residents to apply for the California College Promise Grant (formerly known as BOG Fee Waiver), which waives enrollment fees. Eligible students who complete and submit the FAFSA or the CA Dream Act application will automatically be considered for the CCPG grant, in addition to other aid.
First-time college students attending Lake Tahoe Community College full time will pay absolutely NO tuition for their first year! This Promise is for all California residents, and for any Nevada resident of the Tahoe Basin living along the lake. Dreamers, too!