Check Your Status
Check your financial aid status on Passport.
- How will I receive my financial aid?
All financial aid funds are disbursed on scheduled dates each term. Federal grant aid (Pell Grant, Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant) disburses twice each term with 50% of the scheduled award being disbursed on or after each scheduled date based on the student's enrollment level and program eligibility. Federal Direct Loans are also disbursed in two payments based on the approved loan period. Cal Grant funds are disbursed in a single payment each term on the second scheduled disbursement date of the quarter.
- When will I receive my loan?
|Loan Type||Fall Payment Dates||Spring Payment Dates|
|Direct Loans* - Full Year Loan Period||------||------|
|Direct Loan* - One Semester Loan Period||------||------|
- What is a Financial Aid Refund?
All disbursed financial aid (grants, federal student loans, and scholarships) will be first applied towards current institutional fees you may owe Lake Tahoe Community College such as enrollment fees, health fees and nonresident tuition. For the majority of students, your financial aid award is generally more than the amount owed, and you will be paid the remaining balance, commonly referred to as a financial aid refund.
- All first time borrowers will be subject to a 30-day delay on their first loan disbursement.
- The 30-day period begins on the first day of the term, not of the loan application or approval date.
- To cancel or reduce your loan amount, you must submit a written request to the Financial Aid Office 15 business days prior to the disbursement.
- Direct Loan Entrance/Exit Counseling: https://studentloans.gov/myDirectLoan/index.action
Financial Aid Office Policy
Students must present a valid picture I.D. when asking questions and submitting documentation to our office. The Financial Aid Office will not accept documents via fax or email. To submit any financial aid documents, bring in person or mail to Lake Tahoe Community College, Financial Aid Office, One College Drive, South Lake Tahoe, CA 96150.
If you have any questions, please contact us.