Sierra at Tahoe
- Permanent LTCC employees only.
- No dependents.
- To redeem, purchase directly at the resort.
- Bring your ID to prove it is you.
Health and Welfare
- back pain
- urinary tract infections
ER visits are expensive both for the covered individual and for the insurance provider which eventually bleed into premium costs. To try and avoid unwarranted costs, TCSIG provides a number of cost saving methods to its members.
- Healthcare Bluebook is a FREE added healthcare benefit to help TCSIG members shop for care, compare facilities,
save money on healthcare services, and earn rewards.
- Download the Healthcare Bluebook app and use the mobile access code: TCSIG
- Enter for the chance to WIN an Amazon gift card!!!
- TCSIG Wellness Center eVisits, this FREE benefit for TCSIG members uses an online application will allow you to visit face-to-face
with one of our Nurse Practitioners via video-chat from your desktop or mobile device.
- To register go to the eVisit (https://app.evisit.com/ng/#/enroll/tcsigwellnesscenter) site to set up your telehealth account.
- Download the eVisit app for virtual visits on your mobile device.
- Click to see which generic medications and other designated supplies are FREE when you visit the TCSIG Wellness Center via eVisit! Arrives in 4-5 business days.
- PlushCare gives you 24/7/365 access to top U.S. doctors through the convenience of phone or video consults. That means you can talk to a doctor anytime you need care NOW
- LiveHealth Online, whether you’re at home in the middle of the night or in the middle of a road trip.
You can talk to a doctor any time of day, wherever you are. LiveHealth Online lets
you have face-to-face conversations with a doctor on your computer or mobile device.
It’s medical advice the moment you need it. No appointments. No waiting. So simple.
And it costs the same or less than you’d pay for a regular doctor visit.
- Download the LiveHealth Online app for virtual visits on your mobile device.
- FREE for TCSIG members on the premier, standard, and basic plans. Cost for CDHP plan members is $49 per visit.
- The cost is $49 per medical visit if you do not have insurance.
- Now you can see a psychologist or therapist at home in just a few days, using LiveHealth Online Psychology you can talk face-to-face with a licensed therapist or psychologist through high-definition video on your smartphone, tablet or computer with a webcam. Cost for per cognitive visit ranges from $89-$110 per visit.
Training and Development
The District shall make every reasonable effort each fiscal year for the professional development of its classified staff. This funding will be used to support all professional development activities, whether offered to all bargaining unit members as a group or for the individual funding of continued education or other personal development of individual unit members. (16.2.1)
To apply for professional development funds, use the Professional Development Application.
Part 2 Information:
The District has received preliminary findings on the classification portion of the overall study from Ewing Consulting.
Based on input from your questionnaire and classification interview, a job description has been drafted and classification assigned to your position. You should have received a link to your specific job description on Thursday June 8, along with the feedback form as an attachment.
Feedback forms for both supervisor and employee are due back to the Human Resource Office by 5pm on June 15.
If we do not receive a feedback form from you, we will assume you are satisfied with the classification title and description.
Please contact the Human Resource Office with any questions.
Part 1 Information:
Employee Orientations conducted on Thursday, January 26, 2017.
Supervisor Orientation conducted during PAC on Tuesday, February 14, 2017.
Employee Cover Letter & Position Information Questionnaire - due to your supervisor by Thursday, February 16, 2017
(Your supervisor is whoever signs your evaluation.)
Supervisors (supervisor cover letter) to turn completed forms into Human Resources by Wednesday, March 1, 2017.
Interview sessions to be conducted on March 29-31, 2017.
Advisory Committee Members
Kathy Strain - ext. 267
Heather Cade - ext. 212
Julie Booth - ext. 477
Mark Zacovic, Ph.D. - ext. 675
"Small 8" Community College Comparisons:
Lake Tahoe Community College District
Mendocino-Lake Community College District
Siskiyous Joint Community College District
Feather River Community College District
Barstow Community College District
Copper Mountain College District
Lassen Community College District
Palo Verde Community College District
Local Public Agency Comparisons:
Lake Tahoe Unified School District
City of South Lake Tahoe
El Dorado County
South Tahoe Public Utilities District
El Dorado County of Education
There will be no rate increases for 2017/18 for all PPO plans. In addition, the Basic Plan has been enriched as the deductible has been reduced to $1,000 per person and $2,000 for family, and the coinsurance has been reduced to 30%. There will also be no rate increases for our dental and vision plans. This rate lock is partly the result of a multi-year effort of work by the JPA (with LTCC representative participation) to better contain costs, renegotiate better medical provider contracts, and be more efficient.
Fill out a Form:
- If you end up in Premier or Standard for 2017/18, fill out a Payroll Deduction Form
- If you end up in Basic for 2017/18, fill out a Payroll Contribution Form and sign up for either a 403(b) or 457 plan if not already
- If you end up in CDHP for 2017/18, fill out a Payroll Contribution Form and sign up for either a HSA, 403(b) or 457 plan if not already
Electronically fill out the Change Form
All forms must be submitted to Human Resources by Friday, May 26, 2017 at 5pm.
The PPO Plan Book has definitions, explanations of medical benefits, claim procedures and more. Please look here for detailed information about the PPO plan.
Each eligible employee has the choice among four levels of coverage:
The CalSTRS Pension2 Booklet has detailed information about 403(b) and 457 retirement plans.