Professional Development Training Resources
Chancellor’s Office Vision Resource Center
Directions: Create a Free Account
- Provides continued access to Lynda.com and Skillsoft.
- To find LinkedIn Learning select “Learning” and then “Learner Home” in the top navigation bar.
- Search the training by topic or search some of the interesting titles below. These are not direct links. You will need to search the title name once logged in.
Keenan SafeColleges Training
Directions: Login or use Self registration Instructions
- Your assingments are listed on the home page after login.
- Search for other Trainings: located under extra trainings
Keenan Working Remotely Training
Directions: Use the link to access the training page
- A microlearning series that addresses physical, mental, and environmental issues that you may encounter when working from home.
National Conference on Race and Ethnicity (NCORE)
Directions: Use links below to register
- NCORE speaker Dr. Kathy Obear offers Effectively navigate troublesome situations - and inspire others to do the same: See what you’ll learn in my innovative Video Course, Navigating Difficult Situations. FREE for a limited time!
Directions: Use the links below to watch on TED.com
- The Neuroscience of Decision-Making: Are we Foul or Fair? (16 minutes) Dr. Kimberly Papillon
- All it takes is 10 mindful minutes. (10 minutes) Andy Puddicombe
- Color Blind or Color Brave? (13 minutes) Melody Hopson
- How generational stereotypes hold us back at work (12 minutes) Leah George
- How to embrace emotions at work (4 minutes) Liz Fosslie
- How to get serious about diversity and inclusion in the workplace (10 minutes) Janet Stovall
- How to have a good conversation (12 minutes) Celeste Headlee
- How to overcome our biases? And, walk boldly toward them. (17 minutes) Verna Myers
- The Power of Introverts (19 minutes) Susan Cain
- What makes a good life? (12 minutes) Robert Waldinger
- What makes us feel good about our work? (20 minutes) Dan Ariely
- Why the best hire may not have been the perfect resume (10 minutes) Regina Hartley
Directions: Follow the links to view on YouTube.com
- 5 Rules to follow as you find your spark (17 minutes) Simon Sinek
- CTE- Career and Technical Education (7 minutes) Board of Cooperative Educational Services
- Emotional Intelligence at Work (60 minutes) Hendrie Weisinger, PhD.
- Food for thought: How your belly controls your brain (13 minutes) Ruairi Robertson, PhD.
- How drawing helps you think (17 minutes) Ralph Ammer
- Millennials in the Workplace (15 minutes) Simon Sinek
- Social Intelligence and Leadership (10 minutes) Daniel Goleman, Psychologist
- Strategies to become more emotionally intelligent (11 minutes) World of Business Ideas, Daniel Goleman
- The Skill of Self-Confidence. (13 minutes) Dr. Ivan Joseph
- Think Fast, Talk Smart: Communication Techniques (58 minutes) Matt Abrahams
- Why we do what we do (22 minutes) Tony Robbins
- Your Personality and Your Brain (15 minutes) Scott Schwefel
CONNECT Fitness and Mindfull Series
Directions: Follow page instructions.
- Headspace a collection of guided meditations and exercises (including brand-new recordings) available for free to all employers and their employees. It’s our small way of helping you and your workplace approach every day with compassion and understanding, as you look to keep your business as healthy and happy as possible.
Training and Development
Lake Tahoe Community College (LTCC) is dedicated to professional development for classified staff members. A trained staff is an investment that is valued and supported. A trained staff is a confident, effective staff that enhances the educational experience of our students.
To apply for professional development funds, use the Professional Development Application.