Foster Student Resources
Lake Tahoe Community College offers a variety of resources to assist students who are leaving the foster care system. Our support programs can help you with the transition to college, with financial aid, class registration help, student work opportunities, and much more. If you are a former foster youth, please contact LTCC's Financial Aid Office and our Extended Opportunity Program & Services Office (EOPS) to see what support is available to you!
LTCC offers the following benefits to former foster youth:
- Help with completing college entrance forms
- Services offered though LTCC's Equity program
- Financial Aid application help
- Acess to the Food Pantry
- Free Academic, Career, and Mental Health advising
- Personalized staff assistance to help direct you to the right resources
- Help with applying for the Lake Tahoe College Promise program
- Priority assistance finding on-campus jobs (for those who qualify)
- Workshops for career and academic success
Apply for FASFA/CaDA to get assistance for school HERE!
Apply for the Chafee Grant HERE!
For a complete list of all support services offered at LTCC, check out the Campus Resources homepage. You can also get more information and assistance from the Executive Dean of Student Success, located in the One-Stop Office in the Main Building.