Apply for Financial Aid
Here you can find step-by-step instructions on how to complete the FAFSA, the California Dream Act, California Promise Grant (formerly known as BOG Fee Waiver) application, and Lake Tahoe College Promise. We highly recommend that all students submit a FAFSA or California Dream Act application to be considered for all available funds; if you don't, you may miss out of funding that you are eligible for. Click on the links below to go straight to the instructions for a specific program:
- Federal and State Financial Aid with the FAFSA
- California Dream Act
- California Promise Grant (formerly known as the BOG Fee Waiver)
- Lake Tahoe College Promise
For U.S. Citizen and Permanent Legal Resident (Green Card Holder, Refugee, etc.)
1. FSA ID: Create a User Name and Password
- Log into: www.fsaid.ed.org
- Click on "Create an FSA ID"
- Follow directions. Enter your log-in and personal information and submit FSA ID information
2. Go to: www.fafsa.gov
- Lake Tahoe Community College's Federal School Code is : 012907
3. Use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool (if taxes were filed)
4. Need help?
- Stop by the Financial Aid office, located in room A100
- You can also call at (530)541-4660 x236 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you are a DREAMer student, please visit our Dream Act webpage for more information and assistance, or call Financial Aid at (530) 541-4660 x 236
*You must complete a FAFSA every year
Allow 1-2 weeks for your FAFSA application to be processed and sent to Lake Tahoe Community College.
You will receive two emails:
Check Passport to see what documents are required. Follow the steps below:
1. Log into Passport
2. Click on the Financial Aid icon in the middle of the homepage
3. When downloading documents please make sure you are selecting 2017-2018
- Files are reviewed in order of date received
- During the file review process, additional document may be requested
- Check your student email regularly for notifications
- Files will not be processed until all required documents are submitted
- The entire process may take 4-6 weeks (or longer if corrections are needed)
- Eligible students will be notified by email
- Check Passport for the results of your financial aid award
1. Select WebAdvisor
2. Choose 'Financial Aid'
3. You may view award letter by year or term
Visit the disbursement webpage to make your refund selection for how your funds will be distributed to you.
- BankMobile will mail a refund selection kit to the mailing address on file with Enrollment Services
- You should also receive an email from BankMobile to your student email account
- Both the refund selection kit and the emial will contain a personal code you will use to sign up with BankMobile
- Fill out the California Dream Act Application
- Most recent tax returns and W-2 forms (yours and your parents' if you are under 24)
- You driver's license (if applicable)
- LTCC Federal School Code: 012907
- Within 3 weeks, you will receive your CA Student Aid Report (SAR). If you submitted your email address, your CA-SAR will come via email. It will list the information that you provided on the California Dream Act Application, as well as an Expected Family Contribution (EFC). LTCC also receives the report electronically, and once we do, we will request additional forms to complete your file. Check your CA-SAR for accuracy. For corrections, return to the California Dream Act website and make the changes immediately. Please allow at least five days for LTCC to receive your corrected information. If no changes are needed, save the form for your records.
- Once you receive the CA-SAR, view your application status to find the additional forms you may need to complete your file. Log in to Passport, then choose the Financial Aid tab. Additional forms are listed under "Financial Aid Forms" in the box on the left-hand side of the screen.
- If your mailing address changes at any point during your time as an applicant or recipient of Financial Aid, log in to Passport and update your mailing address.
We encourage all of our students who are California residents to apply for the California College Promise Grant (formerly known as BOG Fee Waiver), which waives enrollment fees. Eligible students who complete and submit the FAFSA or the CA Dream Act application will automatically be considered for the CCPG grant, in addition to other aid.
First-time college students attending Lake Tahoe Community College full time will pay absolutely NO tuition for their first year! This Promise is for all California residents, and for any Nevada resident of the Tahoe Basin living along the lake. Dreamers, too!