California Work Opportunity and Responsibility to Kids (CalWORKs) is a federally mandated program designed to assist parents receiving Temporary Aid to Needy Families (TANF).

Services Offered

• Academic, Career, and Personal Counseling
• Priority Registration
• Paid Work-Study Jobs On-Campus
• School Supplies
• Assistance with Transportation Costs
• Financial Aid Assistance
• Educational Planning 
• Referrals to Community and Campus Resources 
• Employment Skills Workshops
• Assistance with Childcare Expenses for Class, Study Time (limited)
Who is Eligible

• Any student who is currently receiving the adult portion of cash aid (CalWORKs/TANF)

• Students in good academic standing

• Any student who has or is developing a Welfare-to-Work Plan with the Department of Human Services

Call the CalWORKs staff at (530) 541-4660 x 318 for information and advocacy.

How to Apply

Please contact the One-Stop Office to make a counseling appointment for a CalWORKs intake at (530) 541-4660 x 211.

You will be required to show verification of current CalWORKS/TANF benefits (e.g. Passport to Services) or a letter of referral from the Department of Human Services.