The Sociology (AA-T) degree is intended for students who plan to complete a bachelor’s degree in a similar major at a CSU campus, but not to a particular campus or major. Students completing the AA-T degree in Sociology will be able to transfer to the California State University system.
This program offers a comprehensive approach to studying the social aspects of the human world, including attention to the small-scale (micro) and global (macro) perspectives of understanding humanity. With applications to contemporary society, including business, criminal justice, healthcare, international relations and politics, a student majoring in Sociology will be prepared for further work and study in the contemporary and changing world.
Program Learning Outcomes
• Apply scientific methods of sociological research and analysis
• Comprehend the major theoretical approaches of sociology, including conflict, functionalist, symbolic interactionist, and feminist versions
• Develop knowledge of the interrelationships of individuals, social groups, institutions, and society
• Consider and apply methods of sociological critical thinking, including principles of the sociological imagination
• Appreciate the value of social diversity