Learning Citation Basics
The Excelsior Online Writing Lab is a great resource for learning the fundamentals of different citations styles. Automatic citation generators can be a great shortcut, but they often create citations with blatant errors. It is important to always check your citations with a resource like the Excelsior OWL before submitting your work. The following style guides include the requirements of each style as well as examples for citing different types of resources:
*The Purdue Online Writing Lab is a similar citation guide but their page has numerous pop-up ads. This is why we recommend Excelsior OWL instead.
- Writing tutors are available on Cranium Cafe, Mon-Fri, 11am-2pm. You can also email email@example.com your draft paper and assignment prompt. Allow up to 24 hours (Mon-Fri) for feedback.
- Research help is available anytime on Cranium Cafe - just knock on a librarian's door or schedule a virtual appointment.
- The California Community College system provides access to NetTutor, a service of online tutoring in a variety of subject areas. Some NetTutor subjects
such as Math and Writing are available 24/7. Log into Canvas and click NetTutor from the left-hand menu of any your classes.
LTCC Library Tutorial Videos
- College Research Process
- Finding Articles in Academic Search
- CQ Researcher Database Walkthrough
- Meeting with a Tutor on Cranium Cafe
- ArtStor Walkthrough Part 1
- ArtStor Walkthrough Part 2