Visa Information

International students residing outside the United States need to apply for an F-1 student visa. After acceptance to Lake Tahoe Community College, we recommend that admitted students follow the steps below:

1. Receive a letter of acceptance from Lake Tahoe Community College and Form I-20 and review your personal information. Please e-mail immediately if there are any errors.
2. Pay your SEVIS I-901 fee from Make sure to keep your payment receipt. If your spouse and/or children plan to reside in the USA with you while you study, they will be required to have individual Form I-20s, but they will not have to pay a separate SEVIS I-901 fee. 
3. Visit to submit the Online Nonimmigrant Visa Application (DS-160).
4. Find the US embassy/consulate near you to schedule a visa interview:
5. Check the website of your local US embassy/consulate regarding specific visa application procedures and required
Required documents may include:

• Copy of your online visa application (DS-160)

• Receipt confirming your SEVIS I-901fee

• Valid passport

• Passport-size photos

• I-20 and acceptance letter to Lake Tahoe Community College

• Financial evidence detailing source and amount of funding

• Academic transcript

• Proof of English language proficiency

• If your spouse and children are accompanying you to the U.S., be prepared to show proof of satisfactory funding and their passports.

6.  Attend the visa interview at the U.S. embassy/consulate.

7.  Inform the International Student Program at Lake Tahoe Community College as soon as you receive your visa
    (E-mail to