Promise for Part-Timers

Promise students

Thinking Part-Time? Not Eligible for the Lake Tahoe College Promise?

There are lots of ways for you to afford college, even if you cannot commit to attending full time in order to qualify for the Lake Tahoe College Promise. Both part-time and full-time students who do not qualify for up to three free years of college can apply for the Promise Grant (formerly known as the Board of Governors fee waiver, or BOG waiver). This grant is available to California residents and AB540 eligible students. There are residency and income requirements for this grant – read more about them!


  • Apply for the Equity Program

Similar to the Lake Tahoe College Promise program, LTCC’s Equity Office offers a number of free services to full time and part time students who qualify; including mentoring services, priority registration, access to LTCC’s Textbook Lending Library, additional counseling, career guidance and academic planning services, plus much more! Check out the Equity Office webpage to find out more about eligibility and apply.
  • Scholarships

LTCC also has dozens of scholarships that students can apply for each year during Spring quarter. These have different requirements and award sizes. To see all the choices, head to our Scholarship page.


  • Federal Grants

There are also a host of federal grants students can apply for, most of which do not have to be repaid. They include: federal Pell grants, Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grants, Cal Grant B, Cal Grant C, and the Academic Competitiveness Grant. There is also a Federal Work-Study program that provides on-campus jobs to students who demonstrate financial need. Head to our main Financial Aid page for more detail on all of these possibilities.



  • Extended Opportunity Program Service (EOPS)

EOPS is a program that provides “above and beyond” support services and financial assistance to qualifying students. Read about EOPS and its eligibility requirements.



  • CARE

CARE offers additional assistance to single parents who are receiving CalWORKs/TANF and who have at least one child under the age of 14. Read about CARE.