Enhanced Virtual Education
LTCC offers traditional distant education (DE) courses that provide independent learning and flexibility. For students who wish to have a face-to-face educational experience but in the safest way possible during COVID-19, LTCC introduces Enhanced Virtual Education, or EVE.
Like traditional DE, EVE classes are also offered online and use the Canvas system for base information and resources, but they also use Zoom as well as other technologies to provide more “real time” contact. EVE classes are different than DE – they are intentionally designed for students who prefer a face-to-face, classroom feel. In EVE classes, you’ll experience:
- A high-touch environment with extra support
- Labs offered in a virtual environment
- Lots of discussion and interaction with your teacher and fellow students
- One-on-one support from faculty, including virtual office hours
- Discussions, interactions, projects with faculty and other students offered in "real-time"
- Some synchronous elements/course content offered during the scheduled course days and times
- Other asynchronous elements/course content moved to virtual environment