Get Started with Lake Tahoe College Promise
The Lake Tahoe College Promise provides incoming first-time, full-time students tuition scholarship for up to 3 years, priority access to the Textbook Lending Library, $100/quarter to the LTCC Bookstore, priority registration, unlimited free bus pass, and individualized support with a dedicated counselor, access to a Peer Mentor, and incentive to complete your degree in 2 years. The program is open to first-time college students who can commit to attending Lake Tahoe Community College full-time (15 units per quarter highly recommended, with 12 units minimum).
The intention of the Lake Tahoe College Promise is to accelerate your path toward achieving your educational goals, whether you hope to earn an Associate's degree or certificate. The program aims to provide all participants a supportive, engaged, and inclusive community on campus. We expect all students in the program to regularly participate in counseling, utilize the program’s academic resources, and stick to their individualized Education Plan, as stated in the Promise Contract.
Request More Information!
- Free tuition for up to 3 academic years full time or completion of stated educational goal, whichever comes first
- $100 per quarter at the LTCC Bookstore
- Priority access to the Textbook Lending Library
- Unlimited free bus pass
- 2-year degree completion incentive
Lake Tahoe College Promise has dedicated counselors that help each student identify, plan for, and achieve their educational goals within two to three years of attending LTCC. As a part of Lake Tahoe College Promise, student will:
- Receive counseling on goal completion, navigating developmental coursework, identifying financial assistance, and college success strategies
- Receive counseling and support around interpersonal and emotional concerns
- Meet with their counselor regularly to create a student Educational Plan toward attainment of an Associate's degree
- Explore and identify university transfer requirements and goals
- Complete educational benchmarks each quarter to ensure achieve their professional goals
Lake Tahoe College Promise provides a number of supports that enable students to fast-track their academic progress. All student:
- Are encouraged to enroll in special general education classes that are reserved for Promise students, so that they can take courses together and build out engaged communities focused on learning
- Receive priority registration
- Receive additional tutoring and academic course assistance
- Access to a Peer Mentor
You'll begin the online application process by creating an OpenCCC account.
During this process you'll be asked for your intended major and an educational goal, along with some basic personal, educational, and residency information. If you are uncertain about choosing a major or educational goal, watch this short [video], connect with a Student Ambassador via text, give us a call (530) 541-4660 x 726.
After applying, you'll receive your Student ID number via email
- DACA recipients and DREAMERs in California and Nevada can contact America Financial Aid or the Equity Office for assistance filling out financial aid forms or help with any other questions
Participants in the Lake Tahoe College Promise must agree to:
- Enroll full-time (15 units highly recommended, 12 units required) during the academic year for the duration of the program (Fall, Winter, Spring, optional Summer)
- Students are highly encouraged to complete 45 units per academic year
- Maintain academic progress and a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0
- Complete courses at a rate above 67% (This is consistent with Federal Pell Grant requirements)
- Declare a major within their first year at Lake Tahoe Community College
- Complete a comprehensive Educational Plan their first year at Lake Tahoe Community College
- Regularly meet with your dedicated Promise Counselor
- Regularly participate in required Lake Tahoe College Promise workshops, tutoring, and activities, as assigned