Currently, Lake Tahoe Community College does not provide housing for students. However, we are committed to providing good information about housing options to assist students in their search. We suggest students start their search for housing several months before their expected move-in date.
The inclusion of any apartment or agency on the list below does not represent an endorsement of services or facilities, nor does it guarantee vacancies. Please be aware that LTCC does not inspect any housing facilities. We do not assume responsibility for the condition of these housing facilities, nor for the character of any applicant, property owner, or tenant. Students are strongly advised to visit properties in person before committing to a lease.
Be aware of scams and avoid rentals if:
- The rent cost seems significantly lower than other apartments
- The landlord or manager cannot meet you in person and/or you are unable to see the apartment in person
- You are asked to wire transfer money or send money via Western Union, Money Gram, or other wire transfer services; usually rental fees and deposits are expected to be paid by check or money order;
- The landlord or manager seems too pushy or trying to persuade you to sign a contract without showing the apartment unit
Question About Housing?
Contact us now!
- Coyote Corner App - Connect with fellow LTCC students
- Homestay Housing - A unique opportunity for LTCC students to live with a local host family.
- Tahoe Daily Tribune is a local newspaper. Their classified section advertises apartments, homes, and rooms for rent.
- Craigslist - Search in housing/apartments or rooms/shares.
- Facebook - Visit Facebook public group Tahomes for information. You'll need to join the group first.
Hotels/Motels with Rooms for Rent in South Lake Tahoe
Property Management Companies in South Lake Tahoe
Property managers are agents who are able to work with you to help you find housing. Here is a list of property management companies that serve the South Shore:
The companies listed above are not affiliated with Lake Tahoe Community College. If you have concerns or issues related to these establishments, please contact them directly. Lake Tahoe Community College is not responsible for their actions.