International students residing outside the United States need to apply for an F-1 student visa. After acceptance to Lake Tahoe Community College, we recommend that admitted students follow the steps below:
• Copy of your online visa application (DS-160)
• Receipt confirming your SEVIS I-901fee
• Valid passport
• Passport-size photos
• I-20 and acceptance letter to Lake Tahoe Community College
• Financial evidence detailing source and amount of funding
• Academic transcript
• Proof of English language proficiency
• If your spouse and children are accompanying you to the U.S., be prepared to show proof of satisfactory funding and their passports.
6. Attend the visa interview at the U.S. embassy/consulate.