For students who are already in a job getting paid, the work experience program offers the ability to earn academic credit for their hours worked. The work experience program is an academic program with deadlines, assignments, measurable worksite objectives, and an interview written assignment.
The program fosters professional growth and students are encouraged to:
• Identify challenging objectives on the job
• Improve relationships at work
• Increase visibility
• Extend their knowledge gained in the classroom to the workplace
• Utilize professional work habits
Work Experience students must attend the mandatory orientation. It is not necessary to meet with the instructor prior to orientation. No RSVP is needed and please be on time to orientation. Please refer to the quarterly schedule for specific orientation dates.
The following academic units earned outline the hours worked:
- 50 hours = 1 academic unit
- 100 hours = 2 academic units
- 150 hours = 3 academic units
- 200 hours = 4 academic units
- 250 hours = 5 academic units
- 300 hours = 6 academic units
The minimum number of hours a student must work within the quarter is 50 hours (this earns 1 academic credit) and if the minimum hours are not accomplished, the student will earn a failing grade.
Students will receive their enrollment slip only after attending the mandatory Orientation. Enrollment is in-person only and with instructor approval.