A degree is offered in the field of Addiction Studies.
Program Learning Outcomes
• Describe the legal and ethical issues of chemical dependency counseling
• Explain the interaction between genetic, biological, and environmental factors in the causes of substance misuse problems
• Correctly define and explain abuse, addiction, and dependency as key concepts in the discipline
• Demonstrate effective counseling and group leadership skills
• Apply principles of effective oral and written communication skills with clients, their families, and colleagues