"The Journey Forward"
Friday, June 29, 2018 @ 6:00 p.m.
Lake Tahoe Community College Soccer Field
~ Frequently Asked Questions ~
Students must wear their cap & gown to this event. Regalia will be free of charge to students who walk the stage and will be available for pick-up in the LTCC College Bookstore from June 6th through June 28th. (Please bring a photo id)
Guests may dress per their personal comfort level (business-casual is common). We suggest comfortable shoes for walking and wedges for those who wish to wear heels as the venue will be taking place on the ball fields made of artificial grass. There is no limit in the amount of guests a student may bring, so ENJOY!
Commencement Programs will be distributed to guests at the venue entrance on Friday at approximately 5:30 p.m. prior to the event, free of charge. Programs list the names of graduates receiving Associate in Arts Degrees, early candidates for summer 2017-18 degree conferral, and Certificates of Achievement.
The event will be streaming live! Please tune in at 5:45 p.m. on June 29th to see all the action!
Post Commencement Ceremony
Following the Commencement Ceremony, guests are encouraged to remain in their seats until all graduates have left the venue. Graduates are greeted and congratulated by LTCC’s faculty, staff, and administrators immediately following the ceremony together as one group for a ‘send off’. Following the processional line, guests are encouraged to meet their graduate outside fo the venue for photos.
Upon advance request, the President’s Office will provide a Mobility Impaired Parking Permit for vehicles with a mobility impaired guest. This permit will allow parking at a specific location at the main parking lot depending on your needs. The college does not have wheelchairs available for use.
Handicapped parking is available at the venue, however, spaces will be limited. Special seating arrangements will be included. Note: Mobility Impaired Parking Permits are not the same as a state-issued "handicap" permit/tag. Mobility impaired guests, whether they own a state "handicap" tag/permit or not, should apply for a Mobility Impaired Parking Permit if they would like special parking and seating accommodations.
On Friday, all central roads, including those surrounding the venue, will be open and parking is first come first served. Signs and staff personnel will direct vehicles to these and other available parking areas. Parking is free of charge.
- Time: Guests should plan to be in their seats by 5:30 p.m. (5:45 p.m. at the latest).
- Seats: Seating is first come, first served.
- Mobility-Impaired: Please request special accommodations in advance.
- Strollers: The venue is stroller and wheelchair friendly.
- Pets: No animals (other than service animals) are permitted.
- Weather: The event will be held on the LTCC Ball Fields. Should inclement weather be expected, the event may move inside the LTCC Gym. Guests are encouraged to check the weather for graduation day.
- Restrooms: Restrooms are available onsite inside the LTCC Gym.
- Last Minute Goodies: Campus sponsored clubs will be providing water, flowers and other items for sale to fund student scholarships.
There are NO TICKETS required for the Commencement ceremony! Everyone is welcome!
Still Have Questions About Graduation 2018?
Please contact the Office of Student Life Coordinator, Julie Booth! 530-541-4660 ext.
477 or email email@example.com