Watch the 2021 Graduation
~ Frequently Asked Questions ~
- Yes, responding to the Grad Pack Pick-Up will be your RSVP to graduation.
- June 7-11th with the 9th as a party day with the President and "Graditude" videos
- You will receive your Grad Pack Sign-Up form via email.
- You will see in the Grad Pack Sign-Up information about guest ticketing, please provide all information requested.
- If you do not respond, you will not be able to receive your cap, gown, and tassel.
- Yes, please have your Student ID available for Grad Pack Pick Up. If you do not have a Student ID, we will ask verifying information.
- At the ceremony, we will ask your ticketed guests for their tickets to check them in.
- If you are interested in returning for the 2021 graduation, please contact the Office of Student Life immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you picked up grad packs (cap, gown, tassel) last year, please plan to wear the 2020 regalia, we will provide tassels of the appropriate year.
- Tickets will be handed out at Grad Pack Pick Up; please plan to attend to receive your tickets.
- If you cannot attend, please email email@example.com and we will send you your tickets.
- If you did not pick up a grad pack (regalia) last year, please plan to join us for grad pack pick up, if you cannot make it to Tahoe, please note in the form that you will need to pick up regalia at the graduation ceremony.
- Yes, you will have two tickets in your Grad Pack that will allow two family members, friends, etc. into the seating area.
- In your Grad Pack sign up form, you will be able to request up to 2 extra tickets. You are guaranteed two but can request up to two more tickets for a total of 4 tickets.
- Family who do not have tickets or cannot make will be able to access the livestream of the ceremony from the convenience of their home!
- See the Ticketing section for more information.
- Follow @laketahoecommunitycollege & @ltccstudentlife.
- Use #LTCCGrad to be featured in our ceremony's large screens and livestream.
- Yes! There will be a photographer taking photos throughout the ceremony. Photos will be available within 24 hours following graduation.
- Graduates must wear their cap & gown to this event. Cap and gown are free of charge!
- Masks are required.
- Not recommended: high heels.
- Guests may dress per their personal comfort level (business-casual is common). We suggest comfortable shoes for walking and wedges instead of high heels. The venue will be taking place on LTCC's soccer field, made of artificial grass. Grads can bring a minimum of two guests, and may ask for an additional two tickets for two more guests. Masks Are Required on All Attendees.
- Beach Retreat Hotel is offering discounted hotel rates for all guests of LTCC graduates
- Yes, you can watch Lake Tahoe Community College's YouTube channel for the livestream video of the ceremony.
- Commencement programs will be distributed to guests at the venue entrance on Friday, June 25 at approximately 5:30 p.m. prior to the event, free of charge. Programs list the names of graduates receiving Associate in Arts Degrees, early candidates for summer 2020-21 degree conferral, and Certificates of Achievement.
- Time: Guests should plan to be in their seats by 5:30 p.m. (5:45 p.m. at the latest).
- Seats: Seating is first come, first served.
- Mobility-Impaired: Please request special accommodations in advance. Submit accommodations request to the President's Office.
- Only ticketed guests are allowed to attend the ceremony in person. Others are welcome to watch our livestream! We want to include everyone, but our
priority is the safety of our staff, students and guests.
- Strollers: The venue is stroller and wheelchair friendly.
- Pets: No animals (other than service animals) are permitted.
- Restrooms: Restrooms are available onsite, all are wheelchair accessible.
- Last-Minute Goodies: Student clubs will be providing water, flowers and other items for sale with proceeds going to fund student scholarships.
- The ceremony will be held rain or shine, unless in the event of severe weather. Severe weather is defined as rain accompanied by high wind, thunder, and lightning.
- If it is raining on the morning of Commencement, but not declared severe weather, the ceremony will be held as planned at the field.
- If the weather is a concern for you or a member of your party, the ceremony will be live-streamed on ltcc.edu/graduation and YouTube.
- On Friday, all central roads, including those surrounding the venue, will be open and parking is first come first served. Signs and staff personnel will direct vehicles to these and other available parking areas. Parking is free of charge.
- Upon advance request, the President’s Office will provide a Mobility-Impaired Parking Permit for vehicles with a mobility impaired guest. This permit will allow parking at a specific location at the main parking lot depending on your needs. The college does not have wheelchairs available for use.
- Handicapped parking is available at the venue, however, spaces are limited. Special seating arrangements will be included. Note: Mobility-Impaired Parking Permits are not the same as a state-issued "handicap" permit/tag. Mobility impaired guests, whether they own a state "handicap" tag/permit or not, should apply for a Mobility Impaired Parking Permit if they would like special parking and seating accommodations. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Tickets are required for all family except and guests due to space, public health and accessibility concerns. Seating is general admission.
- Children are allowed to join us; please maintain their masks.
- Children over 2 years old will require tickets for entry to the ceremony.
- Only graduating students can reserve tickets for their family or guests. Each student will receive an allotted number of tickets based on space availability.
- Guests must obtain tickets from their graduate PRIOR to the event.
- The tickets must be filled out with the requested information PRIOR to the event.
- Guests will be expected to present their tickets before entering the field at a check-in.
- Guests need to arrive 20 minutes early to go through check-in
- Graduates do not need a ticket. However, they must register to participate in their ceremony and to reserve extra tickets.
- When you register for Grad Pack Pick up, please indicate if you would like to be placed on a wait list for additional guests tickets. Additional tickets are not guaranteed.
Participants and guests will abide by the safety and COVID-19 protocols established for the ceremony.
- Face coverings (over the nose and mouth) will be required as a condition of all guest entry and throughout the stadium.
- Guests will be seated in physically distanced seating.
- Guests expect to have your tickets checked at a check-in area.
- LTCC reserves the right to remove anyone out of compliance with COVID protocol.
General ceremony program:
- The ceremony will last approximately two hours.
- The procession will begin promptly at 6:00 p.m.
- After the program (including speeches from students, LTCC's president, and a guest speaker), each graduate goes on stage as their name is read.
- Professional photographs are taken as the graduate is congratulated.
- The event ends with a recessional.
- The ceremony will be livestreamed for those who cannot attend.
- We will provide live American Sign Language Interpretation and are working on having live captioning.
- You can make a request for accommodations at graduation here.
- Arrive early (around 5:00 p.m.) to find a parking spot.
- Wear your regalia – cap, gown, etc.
- Fill out your name card.
- Then go to the row of parking nearest the soccer field and last-minute needs taken care of and prepare to line up for the ceremony.
- As the ceremony begins, prepare to walk toward the seating. Follow the directions of staff and marshals.
- You will be directed to the stage. Please hand your name card to Vice President of Instruction Dr. Michelle Risdon.
- You will proceed to the stage, receive your diploma cover and exit the stage back to seating.
- All guests will go to the check-in stations and give the attendant your name and show them your ticket.
- Ticketed guests will proceed to the general seating area on the field.
- If your name is commonly mispronounced, please submit a Name Coach recording before June 18th! NameCoach is a simple way to record audio name pronunciations that are embedded online to easily learn and remember how to say them.
- Following the Commencement ceremony, guests are encouraged to remain in their seats until all graduates have left the venue. Graduates are greeted and congratulated by LTCC’s faculty, staff, and administrators immediately following the ceremony together as one group for a ‘send off.' Following the processional line, guests are encouraged to meet their graduate outside of the venue for photos.
Submit photos and song requests for the day of graduation by following the links in your Grad Pack emails!
Check your student email for updates pertaining to graduation and for information on how to record your name (for pronunciation purposes). The day of, if your name is commonly mispronounced, please inform the announcer of the correct pronunciation when you hand them your name card.
*COVID-19 Testing Center will be closed the day of graduation