Disability Resource Center
The Disability Resource Center welcomes you to Lake Tahoe Community College and the DRC. Here at LTCC, students with disabilities do just as well as the student body as a whole. We know that your potential as a quality student is strong! We look forward to working with you as you embark on your college adventure.
The purpose of the Disability Resource Center (DRC) is:
- To assist students with disabilities so they can participate in and benefit from classes and programs at the college.
- To assist the district/college administration, staff, and faculty in complying with legal mandates regarding access to all of its programs, classes, and services for students, staff, and members of the public who have disabilities.
- To provide outreach, education, and collaboration to community agencies and members of the public who serve current and future students with disabilities.
Our Philosophy and Mission Statement
- All students have the potential for growth and success.
- All students have the right to be treated with respect.
- The diversity brought to the campus by students with disabilities enriches the overall college learning environment.
- Education is a process of mutual responsibility in which students benefit by participating actively in meeting their educational goals.
The diverse needs of students with disabilities are best met in an environment that (is):
- Accessible, inclusive, and supportive.
- Provides fair and consistent treatment.
- Encourages independence and self-sufficiency.
- Recognizes and respects each student’s unique challenges and strengths.
The mission of the DRC is to promote self-confidence in an educational environment while fostering student independence. The staff of the DRC is committed to the establishment of a positive learning environment focusing on academic integrity, sensitivity to our students, creating a springboard for change and, ultimately, achievement of student success. At the DRC, our students come first, and their individual needs are the focal point to attaining these goals.
Connect with us online via Cranium Cafe!