A degree is offered in the field of Humanities.
Program Learning Outcomes
• Acquire a broadly-based view of Western cultural achievements.
• Recognize the historical importance of and relationships between various cultural areas.
• Recognize and understand individual works of art, music, drama, and literature in terms of the appropriate style or time.
• Place contributions by writers, composers, and artists within a historical time period.
• Recognize influences and create connections between the various arts, literature, and philosophy.
• Understand major developments in Western history and their influence on the arts, philosophy, and literature.
• Apply acquired foreign language skills to other areas of learning, as necessary and appropriate.