Art New Media
The Art New Media Degree offers a diverse curriculum which is designed to develop the broad technical base necessary to be competitive within the new and emerging industry of digital media. While all new media are intimately linked to new technology, it is essential for a designer or artist to have a strong foundation in the fundamentals of visual art.
Areas of Concentration
Program Learning Outcomes
• Analyze and formulate visual communication concepts using design principles relevant to digital media art.
• Create visual images utilizing digital photography theory and equipment.
• Manage and use industry standard technological tools and software used to produce
both still and motion digital imagery.
• Critically analyze artworks through the examination of historical and contemporary
• Assemble a digital multimedia portfolio with an emphasis on the visual narrative.