Digital Media Arts
The field of Art New Media offers four areas of concentration: Illustration, Photography,
Video, and Audio.
Program Learning Outcomes
• Explain the history of Western art and its cultural significance and the role that art has had in shaping our lives and aesthetics.
• Demonstrate practical knowledge of how to develop an artist's portfolio and conduct business as a professional artist.
• Apply the basic principles of observational drawing and how to develop illusionary patial constructions.
• Apply knowledge of human anatomy in the construction of figurative works of art.Apply the principles and concepts of design.
• Demonstrate knowledge of the science of color perception and how it can be utilized in the creation of works of art.
• Have a knowledge of art materials and an applied experience in the technical means used to formulate and construct visual images.